Sunday, May 4, 2008

#8 RSS feeds

A very simple process made unnecessarily difficult by the tutorial. Trying to follow it was akin to reading a tax return. It reminded me of a cartoon - which I can't publish here for copyright reasons - but I'll cheat by posting a link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sluggerotoole/153603564/

When I eventually gave up on the tutorials (which seemed to have outdated screenshots) and just worked it out myself it was a much easier process.

My current blogroll is in the sidebar. The public url is:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/Ls20
I'll add the other staff members as they create their blogs.

I always wondered how you set up RSS feeds and could have been using this for years to keep up with the blogs and websites I read regularly. I will also have hours of delight organising all those sites into categories and folders. Plus I might just finally get around to setting up a news feed with google for my favourite topics.

Quite enjoyed this topic.

2 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...

Hiya,

Goodonya for sticking with RSS feeds - they just about did me in too, but, *ta da*, there is an easier way! When you've got a mo. pop round and have a squizz.

Michelle McLean said...

I love my RSS feeds, I couldn't keep up with everything that I do now, without them. Best Web 2.0 invention ever. And they're not just on blogs - woohoo!

Michelle